Slow downloads

Issues related to current releases of Fotobounce on the Windows platform.

Slow downloads

Postby AaronJ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

I am trying to download a single facebook album of just over 11,000 images, I left my computer (i7 4GHz, 6GB ram, 30mb internet connection) on overnight, I come back and it's only done a handful of images, I like that it is saving the text descriptions with the images too, but why so slow, is it because of whatever facial recognition there is auto scanning images? Can I turn that off? How can I make it work faster, at this rate I will have to leave it on somewhere between 1-2 weeks... and If I do stop the transfer, change settings and start again will it start from the beginning again, I can understand that it could take all night, but not a week.

I used another program and it downloaded 1900 in about 2 minutes, but then it stopped, all I want is the images.

Also couldn't see any setting to change location of saved images, or where they are at all.
AaronJ

Re: Slow downloads

Postby AaronJ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 pm

800 images in total I found (Found the image folder) suggesting it would take around 10 days, some images are taking 5 minutes on their own to download.

I'm going to mess around with settings but hope someone here can help me out
AaronJ

Re: Slow downloads

Postby admin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 am

hi there, we just released version 3.9.0 so please try that out. we have only tested with approx. one hundred photos so let us know how it goes!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Windows